Auditioning for 2016 entry
Higher Education courses including BA (Hons)
click here for more info
Ballet West is a ballet school with an outstanding reputation, based in Taynuilt in Argyll. Since it was established in 1991, Ballet West has steadily developed an ambitious educational programme and now offers a full-time HND in Professional Dance Performance and a BA (Hons) in Dance. It also runs a variety of outreach classes for students from age 3 through to adults. These include classes for 300 young people throughout Argyll, four Summer Schools and two year-long Associate courses in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
In addition, Ballet West has developed as a semi-professional touring company with an extensive audience base and extremely high reputation for delivering quality productions. The 2014 tour of Swan Lake took place at 12 venues around Scotland and was seen by over 5000 people. In recent years the company has also toured China twice.
At Ballet West we are committed to making the student experience the very best it can possibly be. From two-year-olds taking their first dance class, to under-graduate professionals, you will be treated as an individual and offered the very best in dance training.
Ballet West has produced medallists and finalists at the RAD Genée International Ballet Competition and is regularly represented at the competition.
Scotland on Stage Awards 2016
- Ballet West are finalists for the Best Training Award and the Outstanding College Production Award (live).
- The winners will be announced on Sunday 24th April 2016 at the Radisson Hotel Glasgow.
Congratulations to 2015 graduate Natasha Watson who was offered a contract with English National Ballet today for their production of Swan Lake in the Royal Albert Hall!!! Everyone at Ballet West is very proud!
Congratulations to 2014 graduate Andrew McFarlane who was offered his second contract with ENB today!! Andrew has been working professionally for the past year and has already danced with ENB, LBC and Cork City Ballet! Everyone at Ballet West is extremely proud of you!
- Natasha Watson has recently been awarded the Royal Academy of Dance Solo Seal award. Natasha was the only candidate from the UK chosen to participate in last year's prestigious Prix de Lausanne. In 2013, Natasha was awarded the bronze medal at the Genée International Ballet Competition. Following her success at this prestigious competition, Natasha danced with Scottish Ballet on their tour of Hansel and Gretel on a student contract. Natasha has now returned to continue her studies at Ballet West.
- Huge congratulations to Andrew MacFarlane, recent BA (Hons) graduate who has been given a contract with English National Ballet.
- Isabella Swietlicki won a Bronze medal at the Genee International Ballet Competition in September 2014. In 2012, Isabella won the prestigious Molly Lake Award for the 'Best British Young Dance of the Year'
- In the summer of 2014, current student Isaac Bowry was chosen to be part of the Matthew Bourne production, Lord of the Flies. He played Michael in the Glasgow shows and danced alongside the company dancers.